Website usage terms and conditions – Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 1998, our registration reference is ZA048409
Jobs Launchpad, Heart of the South West LEP and associated, do not endorse the companies, and products of companies, represented on our Jobs Launchpad branded pages.
Jobs Launchpad, Heart of the South West LEP, have received no financial restitution from any company represented on its directories or pages.
Jobs Launchpad, Heart of the South West LEP, cannot guarantee that companies and organisations will have available jobs.
Jobs Launchpad, Heart of the South West LEP, are not responsible for the service you receive from a company or organisation on Jobs Launchpad branded pages.
The term ‘Heart of the South West LEP’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- A cookie that remembers you when you log in. Otherwise, once you’ve logged in, every time you visited another page on the site you’d get logged out.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership (HotSW LEP) takes the privacy of your information very seriously and this policy explains how we collect, use and dispose of your information, the conditions under which we disclose it and how we keep it secure.
- The Heart of the SW LEP
The Heart of the South West (HotSW) LEP is a strong and dynamic business-led partnership between the private sector, local authorities, universities and colleges. LEPs cover England and are a key part of how Government delivers its economic policy. LEPs are business led and partner local business leaders with local authorities and education to determine and deliver against local economic priorities.
The HotSW LEP is constituted as a Community Interest Company – a corporate body; it enters into agreements and holds funds via an accountable body local authority which acts on its behalf, ensuring robust processes around handling of public funds. Somerset County Council is the accountable body for Heart of the SW, with Devon County Council being the accountable body for Growing Places Funding. The LEP’s company registration number is 08880546 (England & Wales), registered address is Heart of the South West LEP CIC, AB2 Lucombe House, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 9UU.
- Data the LEP may collect
In the course of delivering to its remit under local economic development, the LEP may collect data from you in the following ways:
- Via our â€œContact usâ€ form
- E-newsletter submission form
In these cases the LEP will collect your name, job title and contact information; email addresses and/or telephone number
In addition the LEP could also collect data from you in the following ways:
- New project beneficiary form
- Anonymous cookie information
- Event or workshop form
- Job applications
- Business survey or market research
This additional information could include the following though will vary from time to time and will be determined by the purpose the data is being collected for. You will be made aware which information the LEP is collecting at the time:
- Nature of business, turnover and number of staff
- Equal opportunities information
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to business surveys and or/services
- How your information is used
We may use your data for the following reasons:
- To respond to your request
- To provide contracted services
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our services to you, for example customising our website according to your interests.
- To deliver services which the LEP is responsible for under its remit of local economic development as set out by Government
This may involve sending you details of news, events and funding opportunities that may be of interest of you. The LEP will seek your consent over this contact and you are able to change your contact preferences at any time.
The LEP will ask your consent regarding the purpose your data is used for. Where the LEP intends to use your data other than the purpose for which it was gathered, we will ask your permission for this beforehand.
Data is retained as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us or as set out in any statutory obligations the LEP may have.
The LEP does not use any automated decision-making in conducting its business.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling HotSW LEP to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The cookies on the Heart of the South West’s website are only used when you log in as a member, holding you in your logged in session.
The LEP uses analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser and delete Cookies at any time.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help provided by your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting privacy settings.
- Recipients of your data
Your data is held by the LEP or organisations delivering LEP business on its behalf. We will not sell or share your information to third parties for marketing purposes. In conducting LEP business:
- we may pass your information to our third-party service providers, subcontractors and other associated parties for the purposes of completing tasks on our behalf.
- when we use third party providers, we disclose only the information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes
- we employ the services of other trusted parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for our operations for collating e-newsletter responses and for bacs payments
- we use secure Cloud based CRMs and accounts system for managing our Customer details and service records.
- Where your data is held
Your data is stored on SharePoint on an office 365 a cloud based filing system and is accessed via password login and/or accessed securely through a browser. In delivering their services on behalf of the LEP or related to the LEP, our accountable bodies will in turn hold your data on their systems as set out in their policy.
Unless otherwise notified your data is held within the European Economic Area and therefore its security and use is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation. Where, in the course of delivering LEP business, your data may be held outside the EEA, you will be notified of this at the time and you will have the option to amend your preferences for how your data is handled in these situations.
- Your rights
With regard to your stored data your rights include the following; please contact the LEP on email@example.com with regard to handling your data under any of these rights and we will provide a response within 3 working days:
- The right to request access to your data
- The right to request rectification to your data
- The right to request erasure of your data
- The right to request restricted processing of your data, e.g. the choice to unsubscribe to any direct marketing that we send you
- The right to request data portability
- The right to object to how your data is used, including if relevant the right to refer your objection to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Where your data is being collected, e.g. by completing a form on our website, you will be given the option to choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
- Security precautions
Data security is of great importance to HotSW LEP and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the website, LEP staff are responsible for keeping passwords secure and confidential.
Whilst the LEP has policies to protect your data please note that transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
We will inform you if a breach occurs and that we consider your data exposure to be a risk to you and your rights.
- Links to other websites
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact HotSW LEP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with regard to any part of this policy.
Definitions and Interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to HotSW LEP via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- HotSW LEP, we or us: HotSW LEP, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08880546 whose registered office is at AB2 Lucombe House, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 9UU.
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by HotSW LEP and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to HotSW LEP and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the Website that you are currently using, www.heartofswlep.org.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- â€œIncludingâ€ is understood to mean â€œincluding without limitationâ€;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Version 1.0 – May 2018 Janet Powell