Maritime UK South West is a public, business, research partnership which brings together the breadth of our ocean economy, working in partnership to champion, grow and clean the sector.
On 31st Jan 2020 the cluster relaunched as Maritime UK South West, forming an affiliation with Maritime UK and a partnership with Cornwall Marine Network. Cluster websites and print collateral will be updated with our new sponsor and strategic partner logos by April.
The cluster aims to champion and promote our sector, internally, nationally and abroad, drive clean growth and build centres of excellence to maintain regional competitive advantage.
Champion and Promote
- Create evidence-based strategy, profile and lobbying
- Promote regional excellence
- Drive Clean Growth
- Increase collaboration, investment in R&D and clean growth
- Increase investment in skills and promote careers in marine and maritime.
Build centres of excellence
- Building supply chain capability in offshore renewables and bring forward investment in floating offshore wind in the South West.
- Create a world leading centre for marine autonomy and geospatial data innovation.
- Drive investment in our sustainable ocean economy
- Marine research
- Environmental and digital technology
- Advanced marine engineering
- Offshore renewables
- Marine and maritime skills
Key strategic organisations
- Research: Plymouth University, Plymouth Marine Laboratory, Exeter University, UKHO, Met Office, CEFAS, The Marine Biological Association, Bournemouth University.
- Defence: Babcock, BMT, QinetiQ, Leonardo
- Autonomy: Thales, Atlas Elektronik, MSubs
- Offshore Renewables: James Fisher Marine, Keynvor Morlift, Ferritech, Offshore Renewables Catapult
- Aquaculture: Cornish Seaweed Company, Offshore Shellfish, Applied Genomics, Seafish, ARC Marine, Kingston Maurward College
- Advanced engineering: Caterpillar, Wartsilla, RNLI, SC Group
- Luxury yachts: Princess, Sunseeker, Pendennis
- Maritime/ports: Brittany Ferries, ABP, A&P