Cornerstone Employers in the Heart of the South West
The HotSW Careers Hub are working with 11 companies across Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay, to help us ensure that all young people in the region have the opportunity to prepare for and feel inspired by the world of work.
Working collaboratively, Cornerstone Employers provide schools and colleges with access to employers so that young people and teaching professionals:
- Have current knowledge and experiences of the workplace
- Are able to support the development of resources to demonstrate how teaching and learning in school/college relates to future employment
- Can share information about the range of training and employment opportunities within key sectors.
By understanding the world of work, young people, and all those that support them, are able to make informed decisions about educational choices and future career pathways. Through raising aspirations and supporting young people to realise their full potential, Cornerstone support the development of a workforce talent pipeline that can deliver the organisational aims and growth ambitions of South West public and private sector organisations.
What will they be doing?
- Inspiring young people about their sector/ industry
- Building the talent pipeline for their sector / industry
- Giving back to the local community and economy
- Engaging and developing their workforce through volunteering
- Investing their time and resources to benefit young people
- Working with other cornerstone employers to share best practise
- Collaborating with their business networks in the area to meet the needs of schools and colleges
- Acting as ambassadors and champions for social mobility