Place Leadership Group
The Place Leadership Group is one of the LEP Board’s sub-groups. It leads on all Place-themed agendas within the Heart of the South West Strategic Economic Plan (SEP). It requires appropriate expertise, capacity and governance to oversee its ambitious agenda.
- Providing specialist and strategic advice to the LEP Board and management team about infrastructure, place shaping and strategic planning issues related to the growth agenda of the LEP
- Leadership of the LEP’s work on infrastructure investment priorities and supporting the Board where required in commissioning infrastructure investment from resources secured by the LEP through its Growth Deal with Government and other sources, and building relevant partnerships to take actions forward
- Developing shared infrastructure priorities and aligned investment programmes in the LEP area with key Government agencies
- Promoting the role of the SEP in the development and delivery of sustainable, growth-orientated planning frameworks across the LEP area
- Identifying opportunities for securing the LEP’s growth objectives, building partnerships and, where appropriate, establishing sub-groups (eg strategic transport including the Local Transport Board) or task and finish groups to facilitate progress (eg a housing sub-group to address stalled sites)
Terms of Reference
To find out more about the group, please take a look at the draft Terms of Reference document (updated December 2017).
Declarations of Interest
The Place Leadership Group Declarations of Interest are available here