The project will be based at the Exeter Science Park identified as a LEP transformational opportunity and strategic priority for all the shareholders.
The project provides two new grow-on office/lab buildings at the Science Park, building on previous LEP investment within the Science Park Centre under the Growing Places Fund programme. The grow-on buildings provide the next stage of accommodation from the managed workspace environment whilst still providing the flexible terms required by fledgling, science-based SMEs.
The strategy is based on firm market evidence of demand and delivers a number key objective of the Science Park business plan to deliver.
- Creating Grow On accommodation which will become a key part of the innovation and business support infrastructure offered on the park allowing companies to move out from the Science Park Centre and establish their own premises prior to building stand -alone properties. High value science and technology jobs will be created which will be more secure than those from the start-ups.
- Ensuring Exeter Science Park is competitive with Bristol and Plymouth Science Parks which have established and successful Grow On facilities
- Generating high value jobs in the region , creating businesses and business growth in science sectors
- Creating a viable development for Exeter Science Park Ltd which will generate income to be used for additional science park innovation and business support activities
- Providing the first phase of Enterprise Zone development on the science park.
2019/20 – 30
2020/21 – 100
Commercial Floor space created
2017/18 – 1000 m2
2018/19 – 1529 m2
Growth Deal 2 Funding: £4.5m
Started on site: November 2016
Completion: December 2020