Business West are recruiting for a Trade Manager Great South West (Cornwall, Dorset and the Heart of the South West) to join their International Team for a contract that is currently funded until the end of March 2021.
To ensure that companies in the Great South West get fully integrated support to maximise their export potential and export success. Working in partnership with the three Great South West Growth Hubs, you will contribute to levelling up the region through increased export performance.
Please note, funding for this role is currently only confirmed until 31st March 2021, however DIT are pursuing opportunities to extend the funding, subject to Government spending plans.
*The place of work is Leigh Court, Abbots Leigh, Bristol however it is recognised and understood that activity will predominantly be in the area defined in the job specification. Business West operates agile and flexible working to enable staff to operate in the most suitable location.
– To work with Great South West businesses to maximise their export potential and export success
– Working alongside the Great South West Growth Hubs to co-ordinate the export input into the delivery of local events focused in the Great South West
– Ensure Great South West businesses have appropriate access to all export business support available, including but not limited to, DIT, ERDF, Innovate, Enterprise Europe Network, UKEF and commercial solution providers
– To communicate and co-ordinate ‘all things’ export in the Great South West with the Heart of the South West, Dorset and Cornwall & Isles of Scilly LEPs / Growth hubs and DIT ensuring regular communications and updates
– To create a plan to demonstrate the integration of wider business support programmes in the Great South West
– To regularly report on the businesses engaged, activities, partnerships, events and initiatives taking place and planned
– To support the delivery of the Regional Growth Service in the Great South West
– To work alongside International Trade Advisers to maximise benefits for Great South West businesses
– To log activity and interactions on the relevant CRM systems
– To work closely with the equivalent post holder in the Western Gateway to ensure best practice is identified and implemented
The job holder will report jointly to the Great South West LEPs as well as Business West, DIT’s Delivery Partner. You will be expected to attend regular meetings with a small steering group to present export performance and your approach to supporting exporting business in the Great South West.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please download the full application pack. Please upload completed application forms to our website by 12 noon on the close date.
We do not accept CVs. You must complete the application forms.