The Government’s Exit Import and Export Helpline (0300 3301 331) has been launched to support business in their preparations for Brexit.
The helpline will provide up-to-date signposting and guidance to help businesses prepare for Brexit – and to continue to operate afterwards – through a single point of enquiry.
- The helpline will primarily support traders and hauliers who have questions about goods crossing the UK / EU border. It is envisaged this will cover:
- Requirements of the trader (e.g. customs declarations, export health certificates, controlled goods licences/permits).
- Requirements of the haulier(e.g. trailer registrations, international driving permits).
- Other prerequisites to trade (e.g. Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number).
- Import easements (e.g. Transitional Simplified Procedures).
- Lines will be open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.