We have 5,000 free Coursera licences for individuals looking for their next job, changing roles or looking to upskill
The Heart of the South West LEP Digital Skills Partnership is excited to announce a partnership with Coursera to help you learn critical skills to succeed in this digital era, empower you to thrive in your job or pivot in your career.
What is Coursera?
Coursera is a world-leading online learning platform for higher education. With short to medium courses from world-class universities and industry giants, the online platform is available 24/7 allowing you to learn something new anytime, anywhere. Through a local government offer, access to Coursera is now free for a limited period of time.
With Coursera you can:
- Learn skills that are in-demand, all the courses available relate either to in-demand roles, growing or Covid-19 resilient sectors.
- Get ready for a career with job-ready or management short courses.
- Earn a certificate of completion from a leading university or the likes of Google or IBM to add to your CV.
4,000+ courses to choose from
Here’s just a few to give you a flavour of what’s available and the time required:-
- From Idea to StartUp (11 hours)
- Grow Your Business with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women (4 hours)
- Introduction to G-Suite (7 hours)
- Spreadsheets for Beginners (2 hours)
- Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel (20 hours)
- Create a Blog using WordPress (2 hours)
- Create Customer Support in Google Sheets (2 hours)
- Healthcare Innovation (21 hours)
- Google IT User Support Technician (23 hours)
The Coursera Offer
The Heart of the South West LEP Coursera Platform is available to anyone living in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset or Torbay from August to December 31st 2020. There is no cost to join or cost to obtain the certificates on completion.
This is, however, a pilot offer in the region which is being made available free from Coursera and available until the 31st of December 2020. This means you will need to complete any courses prior to the 31st of December and download the corresponding certificate prior to the end of the year. Access to the platform will close after this point.
How to get started
Access to the platform is by invitation, click on the link below to sign up. Requests are processed every 2 days and if you meet the resident eligibility you will be sent an invitation by email (like the one on the left) to join. Click on the link and away you go!Click to register for your free access to Coursera
Do you know someone who is looking to retrain right now? For individuals resident in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay we have 5,000 free licences for the Coursera platform. People can ask to join by emailing their details to Heart of the South West LEP Skills team.
Why is Coursera only available until the 31st of December 2020?
Coursera has offered local Government’s access to their platform for free until the end of 2020. After this date, it is likely that to continue access there will be a charge to Local Government which we currently do not have the funding to meet. Rather than not take advantage of this short-term offer which we feel can be of benefit to those currently looking for work or looking to renew their skills, we have decided to trial the platform for this short ring-fenced period and make users aware from the offset that this is time-bound and will come to an end on the 31st of December 2020. After this time, access to the platform will cease.