- The UK is leaving the EU on the 31 October
- Do you run a business? Are you Brexit ready? Find out what you need to do to prepare by attending your free, local Brexit Business Readiness Event at the Jurys Inn on Thursday 3 October
- Get direct advice and support from government advisors to help understand the practical actions you need to take ahead of 31 October
- Search “Brexit Business Readiness Events” and register to attend
Businesses across Devon, Somerset, Plymouth and Torbay are invited to attend a Brexit Business Readiness Event at the Venue in Plymouth at 9am on Thursday 3 October. The events will provide advice and support from government advisors so businesses can get ready for Brexit.
Advice stands will be staffed by experts from across government who will be on hand to provide information to businesses on everything they need to do, covering issues ranging from the importing and exporting of goods and services, employing EU citizens and data protection, to the support available in the local area.
David Hynd, Heart of the South West Growth Hub’s Programme and Partnership Manager said:
“We encourage businesses to take a look at the resources available on our website and from HM Government in order that they can be best prepared for any changes forthcoming when the UK exits the EU.”
Business Secretary Andrea Leadsom said:
“The UK will be leaving the EU on 31 October and I am determined to ensure businesses have the help they need to get ready for Brexit and take advantage of the opportunities beyond.
“The whole of government is stepping up a gear, increasing the pace of our preparations, and providing the one to one support that businesses have asked for.
“This event in Plymouth will provide the advice businesses need with all relevant government teams in one place. I encourage any local business who wants more information about what they need to do to attend”.
There will be in-depth breakout sessions covering sector specific advice, staffed by experts from departments including the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Home Office, HMRC, the Department for International Trade and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Notes to Editors:
- The sessions will run from 09:00 – 11:30
- Those looking to attend will need to register in advance on the website