The Heart of the South West LEP Annual Conference and AGM takes place at the Riviera International Conference Centre on Monday 4 November. It’s a free event for businesses and stakeholders in the Heart of the South West, and booking is still open until 5pm on Monday 28 October here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hotsw-leps-annual-conference-agm-tickets-70109420163
Over 200 delegates are already booked along with 40 exhibitors including free business support and related organisations.
Steve Hindley, CBE DL said: “I’m looking forward once again to a successful LEP Annual Conference and I urge businesses and stakeholders from across our area to come along and find out about the impact the LEP is having on our economy through our £3/4bn investment programme.
“This year’s conference theme is Clean Growth; which is at the forefront of the emerging HotSW Local Industrial Strategy and is integral to developing a modern, sustainable economy to contribute towards the nation’s productivity in a post-Brexit Britain.”
Torbay MP, Kevin Foster and Leader of Torbay Council, Cllr Steve Darling, will give a welcoming address, and HotSW LEP Chair Steve Hindley will outline the LEP’s achievements over the last twelve months. HotSW LEP CEO David Ralph will follow with announcements about the latest developments on the day; which may include news from central Government on the progress of the Local Industrial Strategy. Delegates will hear about the research behind the Local Industrial Strategy, including the key strands of Engineering, Digital, Energy & Inclusive Growth.
Speakers and the panel include:
- Key note – Charlotte Alldritt, Director at the Centre for Progressive Policy
- Paul Winterton, Managing Director Langage Farm – talking about their sustainable & carbon neutral experience
- Mel Squires MBE – South West Regional Director, NFU
- Glenn Woodcock – Director of Oxygen House & Exeter City Futures – on the opportunity Data Analytics offers to organisations to transform productivity and inform smart processes
- Dr Fiona McMillan OBE – Deputy Chair of HotSW LEP Board
- HM Lord-Lieutenant of Devon, David Fursdon – presenting on the Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Professor Judith Petts CBE – Vice-Chancellor, University of Plymouth
- Martin Bellamy – Chair of Gravity – the new 635-acre Enterprise Zone in Somerset; a leading innovation campus underpinned by Clean Growth.
- David Eccles – EDF Head of Stakeholder Engagement – on the role of nuclear in supporting Government targets for net zero emissions and on the economic legacy of Hinkley.
The conference begins at 8.30 and closes at 1pm, following a short session covering the LEP’s formal AGM. It is free to attend and booking is essential here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hotsw-leps-annual-conference-agm-tickets-70109420163